Thursday, August 27, 2009

Delaney Elizabeth's Arrival!!!

Here she is! Delaney Elizabeth (although it took us about 36 hours to officially name her...) arrived at 11:08 pm on August 16th, weighing 8 lbs. 6 oz. and measuring 20.5 inches. She arrived quickly- I was dialated 8 cm when I got to the hospital! Ned, my mom and our doula, Darlene, were incredibly supportive. We were able to have a natural birth- it was really amazing.
Delaney was so alert! She was checking her world out immediately and smacking her lips to eat!
Dad is already wrapped around her little fingers.
Dr. Akins, our attending OB/Gyn
With Darlene, our awesome doula
Papa Ed visited us in the morning and brought my favorite, Taco Deli, too!
Dad and Delaney
Poppop (or Papa Doc? He'd like Delaney to name him...) with his granddaughter
Proud Uncles Erik & Andrew
"Aunties" Beth & Ali


Delaney's timing was perfect! She arrived while Poppop and Uncle Erik were in town.

"Aunties" Somer & Laura visited us too!
With DeDe
Cousins Hunter & Hailey
Cousin Hailey & Uncle John
Cousin Kiley & Aunt Cheryl
About to go home!
Homeward bound! Welcome to the world, Delaney!

3 comments:

emmylou + miller said...

These are the sweetest photos! I've been anxiously awaiting them. :)

Kari, you look absolutely beautiful and your family couldn't look happier. What a wonderful day!

I can't wait to meet Miss Delaney and hear about the birth. So, so happy for all of you!

xo, becca

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these pictures! Congrats to you both and welcome to Miss Delaney! I can't wait to meet you!

love,
Auntie B

Natalie said...

Kari, congrats! Love the pictures! Sounds like it was a VERY quick delivery :).