Oh, how these monthly photo shoots are changing!
This time, there was more eating of the sign instead of smiling...
So, I thought we'd get Dad to help out the following day.
But someone doesn't like to perform for cameras anymore.
Dearest Delaney,
What a fun month this has been! All of our friends keep saying that this parenthood thing gets better- and they're right! You are so much fun these days. You love to laugh. Sometimes we have no idea what you're laughing at but it's funny to us all the same. Your new trick this month is making raspberry sounds and blowing spit bubbles. You are still quite talkative. You are sleeping more and more through the night but lately you wake up around 3am and talk (and SQUEAL!) for about 10 minutes. It's really sweet but we do relish every bit of sleep we can get. The funny thing is, you immediately stop talking as soon as you see the Flip Video come out.
You like watching TV, which we try not to encourage. You also like to read books and you're even turning the pages too, which I think is incredible. Maybe you'll love to read like your dad & I? You love watching Angus & Dudley, and they love stealing kisses from you.
Oh, and 18 pounds! You're off the charts in weight and at the 50th percentile in height.
Your motor coordination is improving- you can hold objects and you're beginning to mouth them too. We just got you a Jump-a-roo and you love it! You grab my hair (my, you're strong!) whenever I pick you up. You sit with a little bit of support. You're working really hard at rolling over (from your tummy to back) and anyone in the house can hear you talk about how hard it is to move. With a little food motivation, you easily roll onto your side (from your back). Your dad affectionately sings to you "big bottom, big bottom, talk about mud flaps, my girl's got'em" (from This Is Spinal Tap). He is crazy about you.
I've always loved the holidays but it's so much more fun now that you're here. I know you'll never remember this Christmas but we can't help but buy you a few presents. You bring us so much joy! Delaney, you are all we need for Christmas this year.
I love you more than you'll ever know!
Mom


1 comment:
Happy 4 months, Delaney! You are so cute!!
xoxo, Emmylou and Miller
Post a Comment