Monday, June 28, 2010

10 Months Old!

 

 

 
(I think we're done with the mustache photos for awhile. They are impossible to capture, since she tries to eat the mustache!)

Dearest Delaney/Crazy Toes/Laney/Little D,
What a fun month this was (didn't I just say that last month?!)!  You are everywhere and into everything!  I just rescued two bugs from your mouth yesterday.  I have no idea where you found them, as we search the floors constantly for things you might interested in. 
We get out on the town quite a bit because you love to engage with other people.  You loved going to the Crawler yoga class and Heartsong music class this month.  I tried not to stress out at Heartsong as you refused to hang out in my lap and preferred to crawl right up to anyone else (but me) and smile, grab hair, and push off of them with your legs.  Oh, and waving to people in stores?  That's so 9 months old!  Now, you give kisses to people we see at the store. 
The best part of about this month is all of your talking!  You started saying 'dada' and 'pup-pup/puhpuh" last month, but now you say "buh" (for "book") and "mama" too!  I melt every time you call out to me, even when you're crying in bed and need to go to sleep. Your sign for 'eat'/'more' is clapping, which you also do when you're excited. 

Your comprehension is incredible too. You're still shaking your head to every question we ask you, but you seem to do it for the attention/our laughter. I just have to say "squeezy hug" (and for those of you who are therapists, I'm not giving any physical cues now) and you grab tightly around my neck and cling with your legs like a little monkey.  Yes, I ask you to do this several times a day and you don't seem to mind too much. 
Love,
Mama

No comments: