Sunday, October 25, 2009

Two Months Old!





Dearest Delaney,
Wow!  Another month has gone by already?  It's incredible how much growing you've done this past month (ahem, check out that belly!).  Your dad and I feel like we're a little more settled into this parenthood-thing.  You are such a good baby and really make our jobs easier.  You're pretty mellow most of the time but you also can be insistent, and an effective communicator if there is something you want, such as every morning around 7am when you make this 'uuhhhh' sound until we move you to your swing where you snooze a little bit longer.  And if the music and rotating birds stop on your swing before they've lulled you to sleep, you're sure to let us know about it.  This month you've also enjoyed playing with your voice and you sometimes surprise yourself with how loud you can get. 
It's really incredible how you now initiate smiling and 'conversations' instead of just responding to us.  You also smile at new faces and you started to smile at yourself in the mirror.  Since your dad and I love to read, we both think it's so neat how you attend to books now.  You are starting to play with toys by (unintentionally) hitting them with your arms and legs.  You still entertain us several times a day with your grunting/pooping routine.  We like to reference Austin Powers to encourage you ("Who does #2 work for?"  "Show that turd who's boss!").  I can't help but wonder, are we already messing you up by responding this way? Or are we developing your sense of humor?
You LOVE your swing, and we love it too.  You also love to participate in baby-wearing and what we now call "Daddy's Magic Walk."  He seems to put a calming spell on you as he walks around holding you, while you just stare at him until you fall asleep.    I like to dance with you, especially to Ray Lamontagne's "You Are the Best Thing" because you seem to remember how much we heard this on pandora.com when I was pregnant with you.  I love the song now because the lyrics are true, Delaney- you are the best thing, (You're the best thing, baby!), ever happened to me! 

Love,
Mom

No comments: