Sunday, April 25, 2010

Eight Months Old!




Dear Delaney/Crazy Toes/Punkie/Yittle Yady/Laney Lou,

This month has been incredible, but also challenging too.  You had your first cold, you've been teething (but still zero teeth!) and you also seem to be showing a bit more parental attachment this month.   We've been so lucky thus far that you're not too fussy, rarely cry and soothe yourself to sleep, but this month has shown us your other sides.

You've been on the move this month:  rolling, scooting, getting up on all fours and rocking.  I know you'll be crawling by next month.  You're so close (and so determined and strong)!  Your play has changed too.  You interact with toys using both hands simultaneously. 

Solid foods are still just entertainment for you.  You like bananas and avocados but aren't sure about much else.  Oh, and your "puffs!" You love to eat your puffs!  And your pincher grasp is really impressive.  I get such a kick finding semi-dissolved puffs in your hair, behind your ear, under one of your chins. 

You are really into surprises and sudden noises and movements.  You love to be startled and usually burst into laughter.  My daughter, the thrillseeker?  You also love to get our attention (and strangers at dinner, Target, etc.) with your loud, sudden shrieks.  Hilarious.  We're having to choose our dinner locations a bit more carefully these days.  You are truly engaging and expect everyone to respond to you.   I'm also loving your new sounds: /p/and /s/.  You really pay attention to how we form words and our baby signs for you.  You might have imitated the "eat" sign this week. 
You reach out for us now.  It's so sweet, as well as helpful to know that you need to be cuddled.  It is also often impossible for me to ignore when you're reaching out to me from your crib at night. 

Darling girl,  my heart is so full.  You are so loved.  I hope you feel as beautiful as we think you are.  Do you know how many hours we spend mesmerized by you? 

Love,
Mommy






2 comments:

DuAnn said...

Your letters are so special and will be treasured! I know this mustache pic is the one with the stick-um on it! She wasn't to sure that this was okay!

Lexanne said...

I love reading your letters to Delaney! What a special mommy she has. :)